- History of Cacao (Origins and trajectory until our time).
- Cacao in the world nowadays (varieties and production).
- Explanation about the Chocolate-making Process (from the tree to the bar).
- Make your own Chocolate Mexican disc from scratch (from the bean) to take home.
- Discover and taste the Mayan drink made in a traditional way in front of you with cacao beans and the original ingredients.
- Kaokao’s several chocolate samples.
Make your own Mayan Chocolate from scratch!
Learn the origin of Cacao and the over five thousand years history behind, Discover the tools and ingredients used by Mayans to make the sacred beverage: “chocolhaa” (hot cocoa).
Craft your own chocolate
Live the experience of grinding cacao beans with an authentic chocolate mill to craft your drinking chocolate mix to take back home.
All along the tour you will try the different flavors of the Cacao during its process (Rosted cacao beans, cacao paste and our product line) and the Mayan drink made with the original ingredients.
Chocolate Tour Includes:
Viva Mexico (downtown)
Approximately 90 minutes
09 a.m. / 11 a.m. / 1 p.m.
MON | TUE | WED | THU | FRI | SAT
“Cozumel does not observe Daylight Saving Time: we will not move our clock between 2015-2019”
Cozumel runs in LOCAL TIME Cruise ships may differ please check with your cruise line before you get off the ship.
This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 12, however they are accepted (regular fee apply).
We appreciate you arrive about 10 minutes before the tour hour you have booked, in order to give you a better service.
Every tour starts exactly on the hour (09:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m.).
Don’t forget to visit our FAQ